UL LISTED LIGHTING & AUDIO | INLINE & PANEL
The NEW SYNTAX UL LISTED DESIGN & Heavy Duty Versions are designed for professional lighting applications.
UL LISTED VERSION
- UL 1977 STANDARD FOR COMPONENT CONNECTORS FOR USE IN DATA, SIGNAL, CONTROL AND POWER APPLICATIONS.
Edition 2 - Revision Date 2013-07-09.
- CSA C22.2 NO. 182.3-M1987 SPECIAL USE ATTACHMENT PLUGS, RECEPTACLES AND CONNECTORS.
Edition 1 - Revision Date 2011-07-01.
HEAVY DUTY VERSION
The legacy SYNTAX SSX Series that has been sold globally for many years is still available.
Both versions are manufactured in Italy.
SSX UL PRODUCT FEATURES
- Underwriter's Laboratories Listed E 302043
- Fully compatible with industry standard Socapex 419 type designs
- Anti-rotation set screw
- Finger Grip or Oversized Locking Ring
- Neoprene Rubber Locking Ring in Design
- RoHS compliant
- Ingress protection: IP67-IEC 529 norms
- Salt atmosphere resistance: 96 h IEC 68-21-11
- Operating temperature: -55 C to +125 C
- Shell material: machined aluminum alloy
- Uber-durable anodized or high quality painted finish
- Thermoplastic rubber insulators & protection sleeves
- Cable gland on inline versions: Metric M40 thread
- Cable gland on spider versions: Metric M50 thread
- Silver or gold plated removable crimp or solder contacts
- Color-coded ID finger grip rings available (standard = black)
Both Series are fully compatible with industry standard Socapex 419 type designs.
Robust thick wall machined aluminum alloy. Uber durable anodized finish. Thermoplastic rubber insert enables removable contacts, either crimp or solder. IP67 watertight when mated.
Anti-rotation set screw keeps the insulator locked and stable. Electrical safety and UL compliance achieved by internal insulation of the shells, featuring a safety insulating sleeve to prevent electric shock, as well as "first-make last-break" ground contacts. Grounding rings allow bussing of ground contacts.
Locking rings and backshells have been designed for better ergonomic handling.
Heavy duty Oversized or Finger Grip locking rings. Neoprene rubber locking ring tooling now in design.
Available with either a hard-anodized or a painted finish. The SYNTAX Italian painted finish is smooth and flawless, obtained through a cataphoresis process which produces an extremely durable and scratch-resistant surface. Uniformity of the paint layer provides for smoother mating.
REQUIRED UL TESTING
- MOLD STRESS RELIEF TEST, UL 1977 Par. 14
- TEMPERATURE TEST, UL 1977 Par. 16
- TEMPERATURE TEST, CSA C22.2 No. 182.3 Par. 6.5
- DIELECTRIC VOLTAGE-WITHSTAND TEST, UL 1977 Par. 17
- DIELECTRIC STRENGTH, CSA C22.2 No. 182.3 Par. 6.6
- CONDUCTOR SECURENESS TEST, UL 1977 Par. 19
- LEAD SECURITY, CSA C22.2 No. 182.3 Par. 6.2
- ACCELERATED AGING TEST for Rubber compounds, UL 1977 Par. 13.1
- ACCELERATED AGING TEST, CSA C22.2 No. 182.3 Par. 6.1.1 & 6.1.2
Color-coded ID finger grip rings
"Ground first" connection: compliant with electrical safety, the 7 central pins are moved forward, delivering a first make last break ground contact. Insulator is clearly and durably marked for safe wiring and connections.
SAFETY INSULATING SLEEVE (A)
METRIC CABLE GLANDS
One connector and 3 cable gland models for the same backshell reduces inventory exposure.
Thread Size M 40 x 1.5
Reduced clamping range of 15 - 23 mm (.590" - .905")
Normal clamping range of 19 - 28 mm (.748" - 1.1")
Oversize clamping range of 22 - 32 mm (.866" - 1.25")
SPECIFICATIONS & DATA
|SSX REVERSE GENDER
INLINE 19 PIN CONNECTOR
The SYNTAX® SSX REVERSE GENDER series is designed for professional applications and perfectly compatible with standard Socapex 419 series. These rugged lighting connectors are extremely robust, constructed of thick wall machined aluminium alloy with a hard black anodized or black painted finish. The contacts insert is chloroprene rubber, which enables removable contacts, either crimp or solder cup.
The unit is completely IP67 watertight when mated.
Electrical safety and compliance is guaranteed by internal insulation of the shells, obtained through a safety insulating sleeve to prevent electric shock, as well as first make last break ground contacts. Grounding rings allow bussing of the ground contacts.
Locking rings and backshells are designed for easy handling.
SSX REVERSE GENDER SPIDER
SPIDER version of the SSX 19 pin Reverse Gender.
SYNTAX SSX Spiders are available in 6-way or 8-way versions in the new UL Listed Series or the legacy Heavy Duty version.
All Spider types are rated IP67 watertight.
SPIDER 6-WAY GROMMET
SPIDER version of the SSX 19 pin with 6-way rubber grommet.
SYNTAX® SSX SPIDER 19 pin connector is an alternative version of the SSX 19 pin standard, providing simple managing of break-in and break-out operations.
The heavy-duty 6-way rubber grommet, fitted in the cable gland terminal, guarantees optimal cable retention and a perfect watertight IP67 seal necessary for outdoor use.
Gold grounding ring kit for SSX Spider. Kit includes both rings. Silver plated ring kit also available.
SPIDER 8-WAY GROMMET
SPIDER version of the SSX 19 pin with 8-way rubber grommet.
SSX SPIDER ASSEMBLY
|SSX 16 PIN
SSX 16 pin connector used in amp/speaker applications where 16 conductor assemblies are typically routed to either two NL8 plastic speaker connectors or two SPK-8 heavy-duty, metal CA-COM connectors.
Inline and panel versions, male and female, screw connection.
Locking rings and backshells designed for easy handling and increased protection.
Backshell with anti-twisting grub screw. M40 cable glands.
SSX 16 PIN SPIDER
SPIDER version of SSX 16 pin with 8-way rubber grommet.
The heavy-duty 8-way rubber insert (A), lodged in the cable gland terminal, offers the opportunity to get optimal cable retention and perfect IP67 waterproof sealing necessary for outdoor applications.